Sales of homes and luxury condos in the Palm Springs area real estate market increased again in May, making for the 11th consecutive month of year-over-year sales increases. Our number crunchers recently ran sales reports community by community for the six month period of January 1 through June 30th of 2012 compared with the same period of 2011. Luxury communities above $500,000 showed the largest sales increases overall.
Largest Sales Gains by Community During The Last Six Months:
- The Reserve, Indian Wells: Sales up 76.92% / Average sale $2,105,712 (+36.68%)
- Andalusia, La Quinta: Sales up 58.33% / Average sale $1,279,833 (+0.85%)
- Palmilla, La Quinta: Sales up 66.67% / Average sale $699,708 (+3.01%)
- Indian Springs Country Club, Indio: Sales up 34.78% / Average sale $330,694 (+7.84%)
- Toscana Country Club, Indian Wells: Sales up 31.25% / Average sale $1,734,313 (+3.87%)
- Bighorn Golf Club, Palm Desert: Sales up 20.83% / Average sale $2,185,125 (-3.69%)
- Hideaway Golf Club, La Quinta: Sales up 20% / Average sale $2,004,333 (-1.42%)
- La Quinta Resort Homes & Condos: Sales up 18.52% / Average sale $646,468 (+18.30%)
- Indian Wells Country Club: Sales up 14.81% / Average sale $849,458 (+23.74%)
- Tradition Golf Club, La Quinta: Sales up 12.50% / Average sale $2,499,375 (+13.48%)
While the stats above were for home and/or condo sales, Madison Club in La Quinta also showed big sales gains of 40% for custom lot sales during the same six month period.
My team and I have community stats for most of our popular golf and non-golf communities and we use these stats when we help buyers and sellers compare communities. Remember that real estate is local and we always take that down to the community level.