Our annual Palm Springs area Golf Community Top-20 report ranks area golf communities by units sold during the year 2008 compared to '07. This year nine of the top 20 golf communities recorded sales increases over '07 totally bucking the national real estate trends. Only three golf communities recorded overall price increases, while ultra-exclusive Bighorn was the only one to record both sales and price increases for '08.
The top-10 offered double digit discounts over '07. Communities that recorded a significant sales increase along with price decreases seemed to be popular with bargain hunters, especially in the under $500,000 segment where about 82% of December '08 sales were recorded. After each community name you’ll see the sales increase or decrease in units first, then the average price change over the previous year. We've ranked these communities by sales increases in descending order.
Golf Community / 08 Sales Change / 08 Price Change
- Bighorn, Palm Desert: +36% / +6%
- Woodhaven Country Club, Palm Desert: +32% / -19%
- Mountain View Country Club, La Quinta: +31% / -15%
- Trilogy, La Quinta: +26% / -18%
- Ironwood, Palm Desert: +23% / -14%
- Palm Valley, Palm Desert: +14% / -13%
- The Palms Golf Club, La Quinta: +14% / -16%
- La Quinta Country Club, La Quinta: +10% / -7%
- The Reserve, Palm Desert: +9% / +17%
- PGA West, La Quinta: -1% / -11%
- Indian Springs Country Club, Indio: -5% / -18%
- Tradition Golf Club, La Quinta: -20% / -1%
- Rancho La Quinta Country Club: -20% / -15%
- Mission Hills Country Club, Rancho Mirage: -23% / -9%
- Desert Falls Country Club, Palm Desert: -29% / -5%
- Hideaway, La Quinta: -50% / -11%
- Indian Ridge Country Club, Palm Desert: -56% / +4%
- La Quinta Resort & Club: -57% / +4%
- Vintage Club, Indian Wells: -67% / -26%
- Toscana Country Club, Indian Wells: -71% / -1%
You can see profiles on each of these golf communities here.