Palm Springs area home sales continue to be strong in most local cities as buyers continue to take advantage of bargain prices and low interest rates.
Year To Date Sales Leaders By City (Jan 1 – Aug 19, 2011)
- Palm Springs: 1,157 sales (compared to 1,151 in 2010)
- La Quinta: 958 homes sold (922 in 2010)
- Palm Desert: 950 homes sold (887 in 2010)
- Rancho Mirage: 490 homes sold (453 in 2010)
- Indian Wells: 185 homes sold (154 in 2010)
- Indio: 817 homes sold (882 in 2010)
Indio was the only city showing an overall sales decline in 2011, which could reflect a near bottoming out in prices and/or a tightening inventory of entry-level homes.
Data from the Desert Area MLS as of 8/20/2011